Friday, 9 September 2011

I'm a freak

Mb has been trying to organise my travel plans but it is very difficult as I had my last cycle start the 18th of August then I had spotting for 3-4 days just over a week ago and then nothing for four days and now I have started spotting again!!! Im worried this will stuff things up!???!
I went to see a fertility acupuncturist who is great he has been doing acupuncture and giving me chinese herbs to hopefully increase my fertility. He asked for a detailed account of my cycle history and then said "women are very complicated, men only one hormone problem, women up to 30 hormone problem". I asked if he has children he said "yes three daughters, so I know how complicated women are, and their clothes"! Lovely chinese man, he makes me laugh!! I said "Am I a freak with all this spotting?" He said "Not freak just complicated woman".
Well I did'nt realise how complicated I was until this month!!!
Mb has been worried about me going since he heard about the bombings, earthquake and now the flooding! I said to him "Well I have already survived a natural disaster in our own home, I'm sure I can survive another!
Jay has been on a snow camp and come back even "cooler". I notice when we go out now he walks a couple of metres behind me, just so people don't know I'm his mother! Except of course when he wants money or food!!!
Anyway I should be going anywhere between early to mid October depending on my freaky cycle!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi lucylu, i hope you are good and i can honestly tell you you are NOT a freak!!.since i started taking the bcp, i have been a mess and have had a cyst which was not meant to happen while on the bcp and now just bleeding loads. its just all the hormonal things and our bodies do not like to be in any state of imbalance.my cycle too is completely changed and i still had my first shot this morning. as long as your dr okays things then trust them as our bodies will do what they want anyway. According to Dr Shivani,the ivf cycle is a man made one so you will be fine and as long as your blood works are fine , things will go smoothly. goodluck hun and take goodcare of yourself. Am here now and just taking each day as it comes and taking it as a holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with ya! With the PCOS situation, I've had all sorts of stretches where I would just bleed forever and then not at all for months on end. What I have to keep reminding myself is that we are working with people whose specialty is handling "complicated women" just like us and making them mothers. Thank the Lord for those people! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IVF is man made as Temmy says, try not to stress about the bleeds...anything is possible with these lovely (horrible) IVF drugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh so lovely to read this!. It's strangely comforting that I'm in good 'freaky'company!... Cheers to us freaks!

    ReplyDelete