The flight home with Kai was great, he had a little grizzle at the beginning of the flight but the rest he just fed and slept. We had a 2 hr stop over in Singapore which was great to stretch the legs. Upon entering a different gate at Singapore Kai was patted down, and woken up, whilst inside the baby carrier, which annoyed me a little! Then I was asked to go to a little curtained off area to be patted down, without Kai!!!! I refused and said the baby comes with me, the lady kept saying no we look after baby you go there, pointing to the curtained off area. This is where my normally laid back whatever you say attitude turned into over protective mother bear! "No baby comes with me!" We argued back and forth with Mb and J looking very worried further back in the cue stuck at the bag conveyer screening belt.
I don't know if I was being over the top but there was no way in hell I was letting Kai out of my sight after 12 years of trying and finally getting him I was not happy about him being out of my sight in an airport in a foreign country. We were in transit for god's sake and had already been through numerous security checks in India. I was getting so angry and scared, I insisted they pat me down right there in front of everyone or let me bring Kai with me! Eventually after much debate the patted me down in front of everyone including a grumpy baby who had rudely just been patted down and woken up!
I am all for security, it was just the way they did it I suppose and I don't see how bringing a baby in a carrier to the little area would cause a problem!
ANYWAY...... We made it back to Melbourne utterly exhausted but excited to see family and friends. It was always my dream that we would walk out and lots of people would be there welcoming us home, with balloons and a sign and it would be so emotional and something to cherish. We walked out all excited and........NOTHING, NO ONE! J and I waited while MB went to bring the car closer as it was a windy cold 13 degrees outside. J and I sat and waited and we both just sat there feeling sad. J turned to me and said "I can't believe no one came" I said "I know so am I". After so many hours of no sleep and travelling with a baby we were utterly exhausted and I was feeling very emotional and disappointed.
We drove home to find a big sign on the garage door, My Mum, Stepfather and two brothers had made a sign to Welcome Kai home and they had turned the heating on so we didn't get home to a cold house, thank god!
Kai and J look so much alike
Our family has changed, we are so happy and Kai has been the most wonderful gift, we all adore him. J is the proudest big brother in the world and we are thankful everyday to Rekha, SCI and India for making our dreams come true.
Most recent photo Kai showing his moves in the Jolly Jumper to his cousin
My bathers a present from our friend Julie
Kicking back on the beach
I don't know if I was being over the top but there was no way in hell I was letting Kai out of my sight after 12 years of trying and finally getting him I was not happy about him being out of my sight in an airport in a foreign country. We were in transit for god's sake and had already been through numerous security checks in India. I was getting so angry and scared, I insisted they pat me down right there in front of everyone or let me bring Kai with me! Eventually after much debate the patted me down in front of everyone including a grumpy baby who had rudely just been patted down and woken up!
I am all for security, it was just the way they did it I suppose and I don't see how bringing a baby in a carrier to the little area would cause a problem!
ANYWAY...... We made it back to Melbourne utterly exhausted but excited to see family and friends. It was always my dream that we would walk out and lots of people would be there welcoming us home, with balloons and a sign and it would be so emotional and something to cherish. We walked out all excited and........NOTHING, NO ONE! J and I waited while MB went to bring the car closer as it was a windy cold 13 degrees outside. J and I sat and waited and we both just sat there feeling sad. J turned to me and said "I can't believe no one came" I said "I know so am I". After so many hours of no sleep and travelling with a baby we were utterly exhausted and I was feeling very emotional and disappointed.
We drove home to find a big sign on the garage door, My Mum, Stepfather and two brothers had made a sign to Welcome Kai home and they had turned the heating on so we didn't get home to a cold house, thank god!
Kai and J look so much alike
Our family has changed, we are so happy and Kai has been the most wonderful gift, we all adore him. J is the proudest big brother in the world and we are thankful everyday to Rekha, SCI and India for making our dreams come true.
Most recent photo Kai showing his moves in the Jolly Jumper to his cousin
My bathers a present from our friend Julie
Kicking back on the beach


I don't blame you one bit. I wouldn't have separated from my baby either.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your homecoming!
Love the pics!! Soo cute!! Can't believe he's so big now!! When MJ gets bigger we will have to get together!!
ReplyDeleteI just wish I was waiting at the airport to see that little man! He is truly gorgeous. You make the cutest of babies.
ReplyDeleteHey Bec Changi airport did exactly same thing to all of us and I watched them closely like a hawk as they patted each of the babies down. Totally no need for it. They even swabbed one of the babies cocoons to test for drugs, signs of explosives.... that pic of you looking at Kai in his airline bassinette is absolutely beautiful. Kai is a gorgeous boy and he has a gorgeous family. I know what you mean about being changed for ever...in such a good way Take care and I promise we will catch up soon xxxx
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome I am so happy for you guys, i fear the same thing when I travel home with baby in the next week, that I will become very defensive with her. you got your dream now live it and own it your desrve it. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the sweet comments blogger friends! Don't worry Mel, Kai was also swabbed for explosives/drugs :( Would love to catch up with you Mel, Kim and Rene! Hey Rene come home via Australia! Easy! LOL.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos: Gorgeous baby boy!! Yes, the trip home is another stressful part of the journey. Congratulations- you made it :) Best wishes, xx PS: Our girls got swabbed for explosives in their baby-bjorns at Cairns Airport ?!
ReplyDeleteAnd so another joy-filled story reaches a happy ending. We're so thrilled for you all and love all the pics of gorgeous Kai settling in at home.
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Adam, Philip & Noah xx
What a handsome young man he is!!
ReplyDeleteLook forward to future photos!!
Enjoy being home.
love
lisa x
oh wow!!! I am so so so HAPPY for you!!! CONGRATS!! I'm very out of the loop with what's been going on around here but so glad to see how well everything has gone for you!!! All the best. xoxoxox
ReplyDelete